BIG ANNOUNCEMENT TIME !!
The Ox Ultra 2015 35 miles of hilly fun in the Wiltshire countryside.
This year we are honoured to have been chosen as part Runfurther race league http://runfurther.com/
What does this mean?
Well it means little old us, have been recognised for laying on a great event *blush* Ox is only in its second year.
And it means there's a few goodies on offer from the League sponsors with prizes and bits and pieces for the goody bags for the intrepid Ultra runners check out http://runfurther.com/
What is Runfurther?
The Runfurther race series is an annual championship based round 12 off-road Ultra running races in the UK. We don’t organise the races, just the tournament scoring. You can join in for free (although you’ll have to pay to enter the races of course). The races will change from year to year, but we plan always to keep a number of old favourites in the series, and to stick to lower-cost races as far as is practical.
We collate the race results into a championship table according to a set of simple rules, and the best runners win! At the end of the year there will be a get-together for an awards ceremony, drinking, and discussion of next year’s plans.
The races fall into three categories: Short (30-35 miles), Medium (36-45 miles) and Long (46 miles plus). There will be four races in each category. and just look at the other events in the league.
Some of the UKs best *blush* again!
- 14/03/2015 Haworth Hobble W Yorks Pennines (32 Short)
- 11/04/2015 Calderdale Hike W Yorks Pennines (37 Medium)
- 25/04/2015 Fellsman Yorkshire Dales (61 Long)
- 10/05/2015 Marlborough Downs Challenge N Wiltshire (33 Short)
- 24/05/2015 The Ox S Wiltshire (35 Medium)
- 13/06/2015 Three Rings of Shap Cumbria (62 Long)
- 27/06/2015 Clif Bar 10 Peaks Lakes Lake District (45 Medium)
- 08/08/2015 Long Tour of Bradwell Peak District (33 Short)
- 05/09/2015 Bullock Smithy Hike Peak District (56 Long)
- 19/09/2015 Hardmoors 60 N Yorks Coast (62 Long)
- 03/10/2015 Isle of Man Mountain Ultra Isle of Man (31 Short)
- 24/10/2015 Jedburgh Three Peaks Ultra Scottish Borders (38 Medium)
Dont panic theres a "shorter" option marathon and half which you nip round in a shake of a lambs tail.
Theres hills btw sorry
Latest News : May 25 - Ox catch up
A quick thanks from Foo,BB and DaBoss
The Ox races were immense.
Big thanks to the Rushmore Estate and Larmer Tree Gardens for letting us play in their massive beautiful back garden
Massive thanks to all the marshals for your help you were superb
Please leave a review on Runnersworld Events
Share your photos please
See you at the next one
Andy,Ian and Corin
so we are still clearing the site for the next few days so will be busy later answering emails and messages
In the meantime review the races on Runnersworld
You may have to sign in or create an account